lunes, 13 de octubre de 2008

WHAT EXPRESSIONS DOES USE RITA TO EMPHASISE HOW IMPORTANT IS THE COURSE TO HER?


"Comin' here, doin' this, it's given me more life then I've had in years, an' he should be able to see that."But its not takin' the place of life, it's providin' me with life itself.""Comin' here, doin' this, it's given me more life than I've had in years,... Well, if he doesn't want me when I'm alive I'm certainly not just gonna lie down an' die for him."

when Denny discovers that Rita is still on the pill. In a rage he burns her papers and books. This was obstacle that Rita has to face and from that moment on she has to resign to her old environment.Once drawn into the world of such writers as Shakespeare, the only thing se wants to is to continue in this new world.

I think that Rita feels alive not only by literature but also by Frank,her tutor.He makes Rita to think critically.And this helps her to feel motivated.

1 comentario:

Gladys Baya dijo...

Have you ever felt like Rita, Mariana? And like her husband?

Can you guess what it is about her new education that excites Rita so much so as not to worry about all she is risking?

This is one of my favourite moments in the play, you know?

Peace,
Gladys